Current Vacancies - to down load click here
Architect/ Designer: with excellent Rhino, V Ray, rendering and graphic design skills
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 6pm
Holiday: 32 days a year including bank holidays. This includes a 3 week Summer shut down, an additional 4 days off at Christmas (+ bank holidays) and one floating free week.
Wolfgang Buttress is an award-winning artist creating multi-sensory artworks both nationally and internationally. He was the artist and creative lead behind UK Pavilion for the Milan Expo 2015 which has won over 25 awards including the BIE’s Gold Medal for best in show. The pavilions sculptural centre piece, The Hive, is now a permanent installation at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented and experienced Architect / Designer to work with us in our Nottingham studio on drawings, renderings and graphics for the presentation of art projects. You will have expertise in Rhino (Grasshopper is desirable but not essential) to interpret and express artistic concepts through photo-realistic renderings and architectural drawings. The ability to create images of sculptural installations from 3D renderings to final high-quality 2D visualisations is essential. Composition, lighting, atmosphere and aesthetic intent should be integrated in a considered way. In this role, every detail is significant; this requires sophisticated and technically sound graphic design skills. As well as being able to efficiently manage tight deadlines this individual should also be a hands-on, adaptable problem solver and someone who is open to developing and expanding their visual language.
We are a small and friendly team working in a large open, art, music and design studio that includes a workshop and recording studio in the centre of Nottingham, just a 2 minutes walk from Nottingham train station. Although modest in size we are ambitious in scope working on numerous art projects around the world that engage with science, landscape, architecture, sustainability and sound. The working environment is inclusive and ever changing with new projects and ideas being discussed and realised frequently. We pride ourselves in fostering an atmosphere for personal growth and encourage the development of new ways and techniques for expressing the artistic vision.
What you will do:
· work on prestigious national and international projects
· develop design ideas from artists sketches to 3d models in Rhino
· create 3d renderings using VRay and Photoshop
· produce digital and print material using Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Power Point
· create technical and scaled drawings for fabrication and presentation using Rhino and Illustrator
· work on and update the website
· a passion for art, design, architecture and music
· a degree in architecture, graphic arts or related discipline is desirable
· a keen eye for design details and a comprehensive skill set
· a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
· an advanced knowledge of, and proven practical background in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint
· experience in operating within a team of artists, designers, architects, scientists or makers
· hands-on problem solving
· efficiency working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· fluency in English
Application deadline: we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible, though understand that an immediate start may not be possible in all cases.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Wolfgang Buttress strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
Applications currently being accepted. www.wolfgangbuttress.com
How to apply:
Please send CVs and sample portfolios (PDFs or single combined PDF, 20 pages maximum, 20mb maximum file size) by email, with subject line ‘Architect/ Designer’ to: email@example.com